Want to work with us?
Check back here for an updated job listing.
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Technical Analyst I – QA Analyst in our Techna Institute.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
Site: Techna Institute
Reports To: Manager, Data Science Team, Cancer Digital Intelligence program
Salary Range: $60,762 to $75,972 per annum commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full Time
Technical Analyst I – QA Analyst
Techna is a research institute at UHN that is focused on the advancement of healthcare technology. The Data Science team at Techna is looking for a dynamic software developer to join their team. The team works in close collaboration with care providers, researchers, and educators to develop innovative solutions that collect, manage, and leverage data to facilitate clinical research. Our systems are used in clinical practice and in multi-site research studies.
The Data Science team consists of developers, research analysts, and architects. The team works using Agile frameworks and in close collaboration with researchers and clinicians.
Key success factors for this role:
- Implement, maintain, and execute manual and automated quality assurance and quality control processes
- Oversee user requirement gathering and maintain thorough documentation records
As a QA Analyst, you will build and scale out the automation infrastructure from the ground-up. You will be writing high-quality automation testing code that is clean, readable and maintainable. You will collaborate with the Software Engineering team to help build new tests and champion good testability practices. You will also design and document test plans and test cases that will scale as we continue to build out our platform. You will collaborate with Product Managers and Business Analysts to collect user requirements and specifications when building out new software applications or validating existing tools. This role requires experience in working on multiple concurrent projects and products with diverse stakeholders to develop innovative healthcare solutions. You will work on novel health technologies that will help accelerate cancer research, including research data storage systems, health data interoperability platforms and integrated predictive models. You will be working within a dynamic software development team and you will learn and adapt rapidly while working in Agile mode. You will have the option to work remotely, on-site, or hybrid, with flex-hours.
- Manually test new features and bug fixes
- Perform manual exploratory tests of features
- Report software issues and follow up on issue resolution status
- Define and script automated tests
- Define and perform test plans and cases
- Write software specifications and expected behavior
- Report on the global product’s quality and on software and hardware components
- Participate and contribute to technical design sessions
- Contribute to technical design documentation and general documentation to be compliant with audit requirements
- Be well informed about current trends in quality assurance
- Work openly and collaboratively with other teams in the Techna department
- Share knowledge with enthusiasm and empower your colleagues
- Show respect and appreciation for your colleagues’ needs and appreciate differences as much similarities;
- Work on multiple concurrent projects and products, effectively following timelines, goals, and cross-functional collaborations
- Work in a process-oriented but agile mode
- Take responsibility for your personal and professional development
- Up to three (3) years of experience in testing software and quality assurance
- A completion of an undergraduate degree or college diploma in computer science or related field
- Experience in automated software testing
- Understanding of testing techniques (e.g. performance, unit, integration, automated), their strengths and weakness, and ability to use them
- Ability to use tools such as puppeteer.js or Selenium
- Ability to balance quality requirements and time constraints
- A track record of working on complex software projects
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.