Want to work with us?
Check back here for an updated job listing.
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Technical Analyst I in our Techna Institute Department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN’s five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Techna is an institute of the University Health Network (UHN) focused on the accelerated development and exploitation of technology for improved health. The Health Informatics Research (HIR) Team at Techna is seeking a talented Software Developer to work on innovative IT solutions that improve the quality of complex care and enable clinical research. Individuals with experience in web application development are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will work on software applications that are used by clinicians, nurses, researchers and patients. This is an opportunity to contribute to innovative, high-impact healthcare projects.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter (including salary expectations). You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
• Use sound agile development practices (testing and code reviewing, etc.) to develop and deliver technology solutions
• Implement approved designs following best practices and with high quality standard
• Contribute to detailed component design and development plan
• Work closely with Quality Assurance team members to resolve issues raised by testing throughout the development cycle.
• Working in a team environment with excellent time management skills and task prioritization for multiple concurrent projects
• A completion of an undergraduate degree program preferably with focus in computer science, or experience equivalent to minimum 2 years working as a software developer in the health field.
• Experience with software development concepts and methodologies including software development life cycle, design patterns, version control, issue tracking, etc.
• Experience with development Progressive Web Apps
• Proven development experience with relational and non-relational databases (Mongo, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization, prioritization skills, computer skills, ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Strong problem-solving skills and can communicate the challenges and solutions effectively
• Critical mindset and attention to detail are crucial