Brad Wouters, PhD
- Executive Vice President, Science and Research, UHN
- Interim Director, TECHNA Institute
- Senior Scientist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Director, Princess Margaret Hypoxia Program
- Senior Investigator, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
- Professor, Departments of Medical Biophysics and Radiation Oncology, University of Toronto
Dr. Bradly Wouters serves as Techna’s Interim Director, and also as UHN’s Executive Vice President of Science and Research. Prior to his appointment as EVP at UHN in 2016, he served as the Interim Director of Research at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. He is a Senior Scientist at Princess Margaret and Director of the Princess Margaret Hypoxia Program, a Senior Investigator at the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, and is a Professor in the Departments of Medical Biophysics and Radiation Oncology at the University of Toronto.
His research is focused on understanding the tumour microenvironment, primarily hypoxia (a lack of oxygen in parts of the tumour) and how hypoxia influences the biology of tumours and how they respond to treatment. His group is working to determine the changes in gene expression in hypoxic tumours, and assessing the potential of targeting hypoxic responses to improve the treatment of cancer.