- Chair/Chief, Department of Medical Imaging in the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
- Chief of Cardiothoracic Imaging: University Health Network, Mount Sinai Hospital and Women College Hospital
- Site Director for Medical Imaging, Toronto General Hospital
- Associate Professor and Division Head of Cardiothoracic Imaging, University of Toronto
- Clinical Director of the Advanced Imaging and Education Centre (AIEC), University of Toronto
Narinder Paul, MD, MRCP, FRCR, FRCRC
Dr. Narinder Paul has been appointed as Chair/Chief, Department of Medical Imaging in the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University and its teaching hospitals, London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care London
Dr. Narinder Paul is the Section Chief of Cardiothoracic Imaging and the Site Chief for Medical Imaging at Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network. He is an Associate Professor and Section Chief for Cardiothoracic Imaging at the University of Toronto.
He received his MD degree from Southampton University Medical School (UK) and his Board certification in Internal Medicine from the Royal College of Physicians (UK). He completed his Radiology residency in the Newcastle and Leeds University Hospitals (UK) and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (UK). Subsequently, he completed Body Imaging and Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowships at the University of Toronto and Board certification in Radiology (Canada).
Dr Paul has authored over 75 peer reviewed scientific papers and delivered in excess of 100 National and International scientific presentations with key interests in Image Optimization and Radiation Dose Reduction. He also has a keen interest in teaching and education, having established the following:
• The National Primer in Imaging (UK), a successful three day course teaching relevant radiology to non radiologists.
• The Annual Peter Munk Cardiac Centre (PMCC) Symposium, a highly successful two day conference that highlights the advanced and integrative, patient centred care in the PMCC to our community partners, principally family physicians, community cardiologists and radiologists.
• The Advanced Imaging and Education Centre (AIEC) at Toronto General Hospital. The vision of the AIEC is to provide advanced training in imaging techniques, protocols and post processing with purpose designed courses for residents and fellows, technologists and MDs. The AIEC currently offers a five day intensive course in Level I-II Cardiac CT and a three day course in Virtual Colonoscopy for National and International students. Additional courses in Positron Emission Tomography (P.E.T) Imaging, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (M.R.I) and ultrasound are being developed.
Dr Paul has served on the Medical Imaging Undergraduate Education Committee for the University of Toronto, scientific committees of the American Roentgen Ray Society and the Society of Thoracic Radiology. He is currently serving on the Chest Section of the Radiological Society of North America.